Professor Richard Haynes
- 3C: A CAMPATH, Calcineurin inhibitor reduction and Chronic allograft nephropathy trial
- ASCEND: A Study of Cardiovascular Events iN Diabetes
- BEST-D: Biochemical Efficacy and Safety Trial of Vitamin D
- EMPA-KIDNEY: the study of heart and kidney protection with empagliflozin
- HPS2 -THRIVE: Treatment of HDL to Reduce the Incidence of Vascular Events
- Mexico City Prospective Study
- Renal Studies Group
- SEARCH: Study of the Effectiveness of Additional Reductions in Cholesterol and Homocysteine
- SHARP: Study of Heart and Renal Protection
- Trials Methodology
- UK HARP III
- Genetic determinants of chronic kidney disease progression
- Mexico City Prospective Study: mapping genetic risk factors of major non-communicable diseases (MRC-PHRU)
- Mexico City Prospective Study: leveraging genetic admixture and relatedness to advance rare variant discovery in Mexicans adults
- Understanding the determinants of progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and how they are modified by treatment sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT) inhibition [MRC PHRU]
MRC Population Health Research Unit
Professor of Renal Medicine and Clinical Trials
- MRC Population Health Research Unit Programme Leader: Randomised Trials in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease
- MSc in Global Health Science module 8 lead: Clinical Trials and Meta-Analysis
Richard Haynes did his pre-clinical medical studies in Cambridge before moving to Oxford for his clinical studies and qualified in 2000. He came to CTSU for a period of “out of programme” research in 2006 to work on the HPS2-THRIVE trial with Prof Jane Armitage. He completed his training in renal medicine in 2011 and was appointed as an honorary consultant at the Oxford Kidney Unit. Shortly after that he was appointed to the MRC Programme Leader track and he is now Programme Leader in the MRC Population Health Research Unit for the programme in Randomised Trials in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease.
Mechanisms and Predictors of Acute Kidney Injury with Perioperative Rosuvastatin in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Surgery
Wijesurendra RS. et al, (2023)
Randomised controlled trials for mpox in endemic countries.
Rojek A. et al, (2023), Lancet Infect Dis
Fibroblast Growth Factor-23 and Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases: A Mendelian Randomization Study.
Donovan K. et al, (2023), Clin J Am Soc Nephrol, 18, 17 - 27
Effects of Dapagliflozin on EChOcardiographic Measures of CarDiac StructurE and Function in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: the DECODE-CKD trial.
Bartholdy KV. et al, (2022), Kidney360
Impact of diabetes on the effects of sodium glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors on kidney outcomes: collaborative meta-analysis of large placebo-controlled trials.
Nuffield Department of Population Health Renal Studies Group None. and SGLT2 inhibitor Meta-Analysis Cardio-Renal Trialists' Consortium None., (2022), Lancet, 400, 1788 - 1801