Joint Annual Collaborators' Meeting - Getting there
The venue for the meeting is in the west wing of the Hilton London Metropole Hotel, which is located on Harbet Road, close to Edgware Road tube station and Paddington train/tube station and is easily accessible by public transport. All accommodation is also within the hotel.
Further information about the venue is available on the Hilton London Metropole website.
Getting to the West Wing of the Hilton London Metropole by London Underground
You can plan your tube journey online using the Transport for London website plan-a-journey and
London rail and tube services map.
It is now possible to pay for your travel on the Underground by touching your contactless card on a
yellow card reader to start a journey. Tube fares and payment information is available on the
TFL website. Note that a ticket will not be issued with this method of payment.
Paddington train / tube station (Circle and Hammersmith & City lines)
If you are flying to London Heathrow airport, the Heathrow Express train to Paddington is the fastest way to arrive at the venue. The walk from Paddington station to the west ing of the hotel is a simple route and should take less than 10 minutes.
- On disembarking from the train, head for the main entrance/exit of Paddington Station and take the Praed Street exit.
- At the end of the road turn left onto Praed Street (do not turn right at the junction towards the Hilton London Paddington Hotel as this is not the meeting venue).
- Continue on Praed Street past St Mary’s Hospital on your left.
- Turn left into Harbet Road.
- The west wing is the second entrance to the hotel on your right where coaches and buses may be parked outside.
- Go through the entrance to the west wing where you will see the registration desks to the left.
Edgware Road Tube station (Circle, District and Hammersmith & City lines)
Walking from Edgware Road station to the venue should take no more than five minutes. Exit the
station at the Cabbell Street & Chapel Street exit and turn right walking on Chapel Street towards
Cabbell Street. Continue onto Praed Street turning right onto Harbet Road. The west wing is the
second entrance to the hotel on your right.
Getting to the Hilton London Metropole by train
You can plan your train journey to London online using the National Rail Enquiries website.
Paddington is the nearest mainline train station to the venue but there is easy access via other train stations in London.
Travelling from main London Airports
Take the Heathrow Express train to London Paddington. This takes 15 minutes. See the map for walking from Paddington to the venue.
Take the Gatwick Express train to London Victoria Station. This takes 30 minutes. Then take the Circle line to Edgware Road tube station and walk to the venue.